NAVIGATE MN -Job Announcement
Who we are:
NAVIGATE is a leadership development program for young adults in Minnesota facing financial, social and legal barriers to achieve their dreams through changing unjust systems. Through NAVIGATE, these young adults help their community and themselves by working to access college education, jobs and legal status.
NAVIGATE-MN is currently seeking a dedicated part time Program Coordinator for our education component, someone who is passionate about immigration justice and education equity!
Education Program Coordinator
The Navigate program coordinator – education component- provides cultural competent, relevant and critical information on navigating K-12, college access and success to the Latino diaspora and professionals who serve this multicultural and multiracial community centering low-income, first generation, mixed status/undocumented/DACA students and their families.
Ideal program coordinator is a bilingual (Spanish/English) individual who has a deep understanding in racial disparities/structural racism, racial, education, and immigration justice, asset based community building strategies, and popular education models.
• Collaborates with Director to establish and maintain program goals, conduct program assessment, curriculum and presentation reviews and identify development and capacity building activities. Develops and implements ongoing improvement strategies to support program development and standards.
• Serve as a spokesperson for the organization. Remain informed on policy issues and current events impacting our work, as well as effective messaging on these issues
• Uses independent judgement to prioritize project to ensure efficiency, program success and community experience
• Provide presentations and workshops to schools, colleges and other stakeholders
• Maintain and develop relationships with diverse education programs, schools, colleges, universities and organizations that offer career development and social mobility opportunities
• Developing program to support student and families to create strategies for their education path.
• Support students in financial aid and college application process in community forums, small sessions and 1-1 settings
• Collaborating and connecting with partner organizations and education institutions in order to bridge students and families to their resources
Perform other duties as required and assigned
Essential job Functions:
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Possess strong organizational skills and pay attention to detail.
• Ability to work with a diverse student, faculty and community is essential.
• Ability to execute those physical activities required to perform the essential functions including, but not limited to, regular sitting and being mobile; continual communicating both in person and on the telephone; regular keyboarding; regular reading of both print and digital material; and all other activities required to perform essential functions.
• Individual must possess valid MN DL and reliable transportation
• Commitment to racial and immigration justice and ability to communicate and interact effectively with people of all ages and diverse background.
• Proven ability to work effectively as a team player; highly motivated, focused and results oriented.
• Ability to exercise discretion and tact in all interpersonal contacts, and to maintain confidentiality at all times.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks according to required deadlines, and maintain composure under high stress conditions.
• May be required to work occasional evening/weekend hours.
The Navigate Program Coordinator must support NAVIGATE’s mission and vision. They must operate within the organization’s policies and procedures, operating instructions, confidentiality standards, and the code of ethical behavior.
15-20 hours per week
Anti-Discrimination Policy and Commitment to Diversity
We believe that diversity is strength, and we are committed to maintaining an inclusive, multicultural network. We are an equal-opportunity employer and welcome all qualified applicants.
1. Please seek more information about our learning community before taking the time to submit an application: http://www.navigatemn.org/
2. Qualified, passionate applicants should send their resume and cover letter by 4/20/16 to: email@example.com